Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

whats your name and where are you from?

Go down 
+3
djretro
djsurfista
dj dream
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dj dream

dj dream

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-05-26

whats your name and where are you from? Empty
PostSubject: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 8:46 am

probably not my place to start a thread like this,but seems were all mates here,so here goes:
im just wondering what everyones called and where in the world they are from and/or work possibly.if your lucky enough to be a working dj that is!i know theres bits of info knocking around on whos who but maybe if the modz want to start an introduce yourself thread or something it could help.or maybe use this thread for said purpose.in this big world we call the internet we all cant be from the good old uk,can we?what if i want to know the big tune in oz at the mo,or if i go on hols to outer mogolia,whats the best club to go to ect...i would like to know who to ask!!
maybe just keep it simple or have a laugh with it.theres always gonna be the odd shy guy and theres always going to be a right loopy fruit,so it should be fun too!even a bit of history of our dj`in life may be interesting to others.personally, i wouldnt know where to start but im an old fart so!!
and currently we only have just over 100 members in our little gang and im sure everybody would like to big up theyre home town and give a few snippets of insight to themselves to other members.even let the ego out of the box for 10 minutes and big yourself up!not that dj`s have ego`s hey boys?
guess we`ll see...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/remadee2008
dj dream

dj dream

Male Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 9:08 am

i`ll start the ball rolling.im craig hailing from sheffield in the uk,currently working the summer season in kavos,corfu.getting extremely bored in the days and spending too long on forums especially when it rains.as it has been doing far too much recently.i could go on but im keeping the ego in the box.for now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/remadee2008
djsurfista

djsurfista

Male Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 4:46 pm

Hello guys!! My name is Maurício Lima from Salvador > Bahia > Brasil and i am a java webdeveloper, i'm not a profesion DJ, i play only for fun. My favorite style is house, but i like all other eletronic genres. I hope we can make this forum the best one the web. I'm very greatful to be here!!! Thanks and escuseme for my poor english cheers
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 8:30 am

Ok Dj Dream aka Cilla Black lol. I'm Paul from Retford which is between Doncaster & Newark. Started Dj'ing doing mobiles at 17 and then got my first residency at 18. 20 years later (do the math lol) working for an agency sub-contracted to the likes of Luminar Leisure, Canduu, First Leisure etc. All invoice & bacs transfers now Sad Mainly playing Funky House & Electro but covering across the board due to agency work. Prefer the "dance anthems" gigs as being an old git I remember playing the tunes the first time round. Without sounding a "been there done that" dick I've done the rave bit both the illegal wharehouse (back in the day) & the legal more organinized do's where I met Mr Dream.
21 years and still looking forward to the weekend must have picked the right career.
P.s If you are reading this and you're from the Inland Revenue... I've made this up haha. Razz
Back to top Go down
newyorkwilko

newyorkwilko

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 9:57 am

How Do?! Im Matt, From Leeds, UK. I just get to play tunes for a living! I feel very lucky! Funky House, Electro... occasionally, a bit of tuneful trance. Recent sets include Gatecrasher, the legendary Stinkys Peephouse (now known as my house) The Funky sunrise sessions at Bar Home, Space for a few different nights. Things are taking off quite nicely, but you never really know how it's going to go. I like to think it's important to keep your feet firmly planted on the floor... apart from when youre ripping it up!

Enjoying the new forum! Thanks for the invite!
Back to top Go down
eSc

eSc

Male Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: edcfe   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 3:52 pm

Greetz all. Eric here (eSc). Born and raised in San Francisco, but currently interned in Charlottesville Virginia (yeah, i know). Been forever multitracking audio insanity on a computator machine just for fun. Then one day two years ago, in a fit of mania, bought myself a basic mobile rig. Started playing here and there in bars, and was lucky enough to land a residency at this town's only gay bar. So Ive had about 6-8 gigs a month there for the last year and a half, plus whatever else I can scare up. Its been really cool to be able to bring the latest greatest to a town that ordinarily would be stuck with the same old same old (I credit this board especially with keeping me current). The people that know are *really* appreciative, and the rest are just drunk and carried away by the thump thump thump. Either way everyone is having a blast, myself included. I know you all know what im saying when I say that when its on, and the crowd is moving and you're dropping the next fatty and everyone just loses their mind its the best feeling in the world. I don't know shit about dj politics, hell I am even a little ignorant of the language, but I do a good time when I see it. And aint that what its all about? Fun? Hells yes!

Anyway, eargasmonauts are the most resourceful, helpful, funky lot of bastards on the tubes, and I am grateful even to be here typing this. Rock on witcho bad selves. Thanx a million.
Back to top Go down
Hahnstudios

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2007, 9:15 am

Hy, I like to call me Hahnstudios. I am from Germany.
Have been DJing a couple of years ago. Now I'm sitting at home playing around with my computer.
Normaly I take one track as kind of basic theme and mix 5 - 10 songs over it from whom I think they could fit.
I take any music I'm in the mood for. The mixes are about 10 min long.
Back to top Go down
http://hahnstudios.blogspot.com/
Shells

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2007, 10:44 am

I'm Shells and I'm from Bremen in Germany and i contributed some Dirty South and Tommie Sunshine Tracks in the last forum.

I also like Mixes by Tocadisco and Klaas. and a lot of other artists
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats your name and where are you from?   whats your name and where are you from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats your name and where are you from?
Page 1 of 1