Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

which hit did you hate?

Go down 
+5
RobbieSteel
BeePM
djretro
willy
dj dream
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dj dream

dj dream

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-05-26

which hit did you hate? Empty
PostSubject: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 6:23 am

this should be a good topic for us.im sure we all have or know a tune or two that we hate and totally refuse to play because it grinds our little sensitive ears...even though the said recording probably got in the top ten of the charts wordwide...so come on boys.whats that tune you hate,refuse to play which everyone else adores?or likes a bit....
mine????got asked for it last night,and it reminded me how much i hate it:

audio bullys-shot you down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/remadee2008
willy

willy

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 7:46 am

Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria

Because it doesn't add anything to the original, just some cheesy vocals. And because everyone hypes it like it's new.
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 12:06 pm

If I hear or get asked to play FLG Put your hands up i'm gonna stick my sm58 up someones arse !

I dont do indie unless i'm getting paid loads.

Cover versions done by the opposite sex to the original with a fex exceptions eg Mjb - Never To Much.

On the subject, Is it me or the only people to ever ask for Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 are fat birds ? Is it a fat lass anthem ? Is there any more fat lass anthems cos i'm thinking of releasing a compilation cd "Tracks for the Big Girls" or summat like that.
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2007, 7:31 am

How could I forget the tune I got asked for last night....

Paris to fu**ing Berlin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BeePM
MixMaster
MixMaster
BeePM

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2007, 8:13 am

Excellent topic Cool

djretro wrote:
How could I forget the tune I got asked for last night....

Paris to fu**ing Berlin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat me to it Retro. Wink

I fu**ing hate this track with a vengeance Mad
Back to top Go down
RobbieSteel

RobbieSteel

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2007, 10:48 pm

Sandstorm- Darude
Puke!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbiesteel.com
djdeeds

djdeeds

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 9:02 am

OK for all you yongens' out there, I'm gonna give you a short list (of many!) that have had me litterally shaking my head when I put it on. Here goes.....oh and remember I've had to do lots of 21st and weddings.......
Fucking New York New York at the end of the night!
Grease medley
The Nutbush...UUHHHHHRRRRR sorry just got a chill!
"what is it with AMERICAN PIE!" is it an Aussie thing???and everyone ALWAYS sings along but gets out of time with the music at the final verse!!Guaranteed every time.
I'm over anything KYLIE and dare I say MADONNA.
Afew years back it was Mambo No5 and that damn Ricky Martin with "Livin la vida you know the rest" then came the "Ketchup "song AAAAHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and here come the FAT CHICK songs, yep, there are songs that FAT chicks ask for repeatedly and this is No Joke.
Backstreet Boys, (don't ask me why but it's true)
Fat Chicks usually bother you later in the night and especially for "last songs" (and fucking OLD ones at that) like...
Kiss from a rose...C'mon now...you know it's happened to you!!
Fat chicks always want the Nutbush or the fucking Time Warp!
A fat chics mother always wants the BIRD DANCE!
A fat chics father always wants NEIL DIAMOND! or PINK FLOYD!
A fat chic always thinks you are horny for her if you play her song.
A bit of history.......Achy Breaky Heart was a HUGE fat chic song way back when!!!!! and I think Country type tunes in general are "BIG" pardon the pun, with fat chics. I guess we could easily stereotype fat chics by placing them in a hillbilly basket! Songs like Shoop Shoop by Cher-Mustang Sally (yeah you know what I'm talkin' bout!) and because they've lost the worry of being fat...you know...when they wear short T-shirts showing off the Midrift EEEUUUURRRRGGGGHHHH cough cough! Oh let's not forget the UV light showing off the outline of a G-string!!!!! They just seem so bloody confident in asking for CRAP SONGS!!! am I wrong??C'mon time for some honesty people, you know you've been there.
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2007, 6:24 am

I just tell them to f*ck off and get security to chuck em out.

Though ive been lucky to not have been asked for any of the above. Must be something to do with choice of venue.

The one thing that does wind me up is when I'm booked to do a night where the music policy is for example "Funky House" and somebody asks for again for example Girls Aloud and wont understand that you are getting paid to do a job which consists of playing what the music policy is and they say stuff like...

But its my birthday

They wont know

It's only cos you dont like em etc etc

It then gets worse when they give you abuse. Would they walk into New Look and ask for a kebab and then when told New Look only sell cheap shit clothes and not kebabs call the sales assistant a bitch ??

God I hate the general public hahaha

Best venues are when they cant get to the dj box or the light jock takes requests.
Back to top Go down
djdeeds

djdeeds

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2007, 8:33 am

Totally agree with you on that one. A nice high booth or one that is hard to get to is perfect.Ever tried to pretend not to hear them. Kinda go...Huh? what?...Yeah I know! give a smile and a wink and keep mixing.lol!
Back to top Go down
djg

djg

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2007, 5:03 pm

Since this thread seems to have died a while back, and really only focused on harping on "fat chick" songs, I thought I'd resurrect it with a "hit" that I hated.

My most hated hit song was "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira. I fucking HATE that song with a passion. I think she sings through her nose. Sure, she may be fucking HAWT, but that song BLOWS...and not in the good way.

Would love to hear what others say...

dj-g
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 3:48 pm

T2 HEARTBROKEN WHAT UTTER SHITE AND YES I KNOW I'VE GOT MY CAPS ON IT'S FOR EFFECT
Back to top Go down
Rick Styles

Rick Styles

Male Number of posts : 209
Club Residency : theradio.com/idanceradio.fm
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 12:58 am

Here is my current list:

Sean Kington-Beautiful Girls
Michael Jackson-Insert any overplayed song here!
Any slow ass rap song!
Do you ever hear "that song is huge here, it will pack the dance floor"? I hope its NOT just me. Oh, did I mention the floor is now empty?!!!
Back to top Go down
Wicked Wizard
MixMaster
MixMaster
Wicked Wizard

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 5:26 am

The one that springs to mind for me is Deelite-Groove Is I The Heart.
I don't know why but I detest it with a passion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/w1cked_w1zard
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which hit did you hate?   which hit did you hate? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which hit did you hate?
Page 1 of 1