Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is it that......?

Go down 
+3
billyboyz
RobbieSteel
djretro
7 posters
AuthorMessage
djretro

djretro

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Why is it that......? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2007, 12:48 pm

Mmm its been ages since I posted on here too busy playing the tunes to try and pay my mortgage and feed my kids lol. So just before I take a shower and get ready for another Saturday night I'll leave you with this one.

How many times have you done a gig come home and said to your other half (or mum, £20 a week board of I remember the days) and asked ...

"Why is it that....."?

For example :

Why is it that some customers especially the ladies think that even though you have just played a tune less than 1/2 hour ago you should play it again because it's their bithday ?

Why is it that some guys who are clearly spending their giros wearing baggy jeans and stripy jumpers with that thick as fu*k look on their faces think they can pull a classy looking lass by dancing like a twat while spilling their pint over the dancefloor ?

Why is it that people who clearly don't like dance music go to venues that play dance music ?
Ask for some band like "blood sucking devil sheep" and look at you gone out when you say you dont have it ?
Try to take the piss out of everyone else by dancing with that big fish little fish carboard box 90's rave thingy ?

Why is it that some lasses scream when they see a friend they haven't seen since the last pub they saw them in 20 minutes ago ?

Why is it that guys see a pole in the club and think they are the first guy to get up and rub their bollocks on it ?

Why is it that you play a 30 minute r&b set then after saying on the mic something like "We're gonna speed things up a bit now" you start playing funky house someone comes up and asks for Timbaland - Way I are ?

Why is it that dickedheads on the dancefloor put one hand over their ear and move their other to simulate scratching a record ? When I have ever scratched I've usually got my other hand on the cross-fader not my ear. Do these people have 3 arms or am I doing it wrong ?

So come on folks get those "Why is it that ?" questions off yer chests..
Back to top Go down
RobbieSteel

RobbieSteel

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2007, 7:02 pm

Booze?
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbiesteel.com
billyboyz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 3:49 pm

Why is it that drunks seem to think you are a barman?

Why is it the same drunks ask for a song that is actually playing at the time?
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 12:39 pm

Why is it that people leave the dancefloor because they don't know the song you are playing only to return when they realise it's just a different mix?

I thought you dance to the tempo of a tune not the lyrics !
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 8:52 am

Why is it that while playing Run Dmc - Tricky some dickhead asked if I'd got any "Old Skool" ? .... Ahhhhhhhhhh

Why is it that quite attractive go with ugly foul twats and laugh when they grab other lasses arses then when the other lass has a go about it lays into her like it was her fault ?

Why is it that some customers pissed or not talk to you in such a way that if they did to another customer it would cause a bit of a rumble ?

Why is it that I'm such and old moaning fu*ker haha

Come on I'm sure there are more questions out there.
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

Male Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 8:39 pm

q&a

why is it that most staff and management in an average nightclub or bar setting(roughly around the rank of assistant manager)(give or take)hates you,and feels it his or her duty to give yoiu grief,or at best(worst)get themselves notuced as a miniscule part of the management team at said venue)?just so as their ego gets recognised...

is it cos were on more dosh than they are?
course it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/remadee2008
DJCA

DJCA

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2007, 7:48 pm

Ok here are a couple of my faves...

Why is it that people come up to you while your floor is packed and say "Can you play something I can dance to?" and a few seconds later they ask, "Can you play something else I don't like techno." Funny but the last time I heard "techno" it sounded nothing like the Tumbalan remix I was playing at the time

Why is it that people come up to you and ask for something way outside of what you are playing and when you tell them you don't have it they ask, "Well what do you have?" Yeah like I have the time to list off a coulpe thousan songs while I'm mixing here. GO AWAY!
Back to top Go down
DJCA

DJCA

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2007, 7:48 pm

Ok here are a couple of my faves...

Why is it that people come up to you while your floor is packed and say "Can you play something I can dance to?" and a few seconds later they ask, "Can you play something else I don't like techno." Funny but the last time I heard "techno" it sounded nothing like the Tumbalan remix I was playing at the time

Why is it that people come up to you and ask for something way outside of what you are playing and when you tell them you don't have it they ask, "Well what do you have?" Yeah like I have the time to list off a coulpe thousan songs while I'm mixing here. GO AWAY!
Back to top Go down
MrConner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2007, 12:52 pm

Why is it that when someone decides to answer their phone in a bar/club they expect you turn the music down?

Why is it that there is always one person who gives you the whole "I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job.....but" business?

Why is it that people will ask for a song, you tell them you'll play it, they demand you play it NEXT?

Why is it that wannabe DJs will tell you that you "killed" the dancefloor with "that" song, yet the dancefloor is still full? if you are so great why am I here and you aren't?

Why is it people will ask you to play a song....you ask "What song would that be?" they reply...."What you got?"

Why is it insead of naming the song they want, people feel it's a good idea to sing it to you?

I'll think of more after work tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
Rick Styles

Rick Styles

Male Number of posts : 209
Club Residency : theradio.com/idanceradio.fm

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2007, 9:24 pm

My turn!

Why is it that the ladies think if they tease the dj, that will get there song played quicker?

Why is it that girls think if they show us there boobs, well drop everything? I'll say " show me first"....after they do, I say "oh, sorry, i forgot it tonight, sorry!"

Why is it that drunk guys with stank breath demand there shity song be played now or they'll "kick my ass"?

I think this is good for know!
-RIck
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2007, 6:39 am

Why is it that this topic has had 120 views but only 9 replies ?

Well 10 including this one
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2007, 6:41 pm

djretro wrote:
Why is it that this topic has had 120 views but only 9 replies ?

Well 10 including this one

1,because everybody thought it was a tune to download?
2,because everyone is really,really shy?
3,nobody can read english maybe?
4,some members may have lost theyre sense of humour after spending too long on "rapidshare",counting down the minutes...
5,or because nobody really gives a flyng fuck as long as they get a free tune?
Back to top Go down
Rick Styles

Rick Styles

Male Number of posts : 209
Club Residency : theradio.com/idanceradio.fm

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2007, 12:32 am

My guess is that:

5,or because nobody really gives a flyng fuck as long as they get a free tune?
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2007, 1:22 pm

Why is it that nobody has released a real shitty electro mix of Mariah Carey's "All I want for christmas is you" ?

They've done it for everything else.
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2007, 6:58 am

djretro wrote:
Why is it that nobody has released a real shitty electro mix of Mariah Carey's "All I want for christmas is you" ?

why is it that you havent got a copy of the electro version of mariah carey`s "all i want for christmas" yet?
ive 9 different versions of it.the deadmau5 version rocks!!
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2007, 1:20 pm

Why is it that shitty little bedroom dj's offer to work for minimum wage and greedy venue managers set them on so they can fiddle the books and make themselves a few quid. Leaving us professional jocks with many years of experience with mortgages to pay getting pissed off on how crap they are. I remember getting £450 for 3 nights work in 1987 and I know someone getting £25 a night in 2007. Negative inflation or just people wanting to dj to buy some weed and pull the girls while sat on the dole and living at their mums.

Who is it at fault here. The dj happy to get £6/hr or the venue happy to have someone who is clearly only worth that. Or is it my fault thinking I deserve to be paid what I think I'm worth ?

With technology as it is and yes I too use a laptop (not gonna get into that discussion again) most people with a bit of timing can pull off a 4 bar mix. But where is the flair or entertainment of a jock using his experience to whip the crowd into a frenzy. Have you heard these guys use a mic and if you do can you tell what they are saying ? They don't read the crowd, they play to their mates etc etc.

If you are one of these people I bet you also leech tracks from here and dont leave a comment. I bet you read this forum but dont have the brains to reply.

To all the guys on here who do and are feeling the same as I do. Don't let it get to you as the public will soon work out that tey are getting ripped off buy paying the door tax and a tenner for a bottle of Vk to have a bedroom jock pretend to be a dj. And when that venue who got rid of you because someone rang them up saying they will do your job for £20 a night rings you up to come back. Ask for more money. Ask them for what they saved during the amatures stint there.

Yes I agree everyone has to start somewhere or once we are dead and burried with our sm58's in our coffins there will be nobody else. But what happened to the assistant jock or the warm up jock or the jock who did mobile then a pub then a club. Not straight out of the bedroom to a 2000 capacity venue.

There you go rant over I'm now gonna shout at the missus and kick the cat.
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2007, 5:53 pm

dj dream wrote:
djretro wrote:

why is it that you havent got a copy of the electro version of mariah carey`s "all i want for christmas" yet?
ive 9 different versions of it.the deadmau5 version rocks!!

just for you paul,to cheer you up.all the mariah carey remixes.gimme a shout when youve downloaded it and i`ll remove the file from z share.in here cos the leechers will never find it in time!it will be released "someday" soon,so the record company say.it was due out december 3rd,but it got put back.so now its a really rare remix pack ive been told so you will have a bit of an exclusive to drop.loads of versions in the zip.the dirty south one is quite good & i really like the deadmau5 one.the chris lake mix will probably suit your crowd more tho.i`ll leave the other remix artists for you to guess.after all,it is christmas and we all like surprises dont we??

mariah carey - all i want for christmas the remixes cdr.rar - 84.33MB
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 4:02 pm

Why is it that a guy in his 40's thinks it's a good idea to take on over 20 policemen just days before Xmas to just get C.S gas sprayed in his face and get banged up. Did he think he could win. Wonder how that went down with his wife and kids. Beer monsters fucking tossers and how the goverment and media told us how bad E's were. Yes a few stupid people died who probably took too many or didn't look after themselves and the greed element made people cut them with bad shit but compare that with the mindless violence out there brought on with booze. I suppose if the sale of E's were taxed then they would be ok.

I'm not saying take drugs everyone ive got kids and dont want them to do it but i dont want them getting glassed by some pissed up dickhead either.
Back to top Go down
djretro

djretro

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2008, 1:42 pm

Why is it that large venue companies such as Laurrel who made huge amounts of dosh over the Xmas period think its a good idea to knock off entertainment in January to compensate for the extra money they spent on it in December ?

Didn't the extra entertainment bring in extra dosh ?

Wont people choose not to go into that venue as the one next door still has a dj on?

White collar pencil pushing office (never been out at night) thick twats.

Luckily working for an agency has got me work but a mate of mine who usually does 4 nights a week isnt working through Jan due to this brainwave. Yeah they save a few quid but that wont pay his bills or make him dedicated and loyal anymore.

Ahhhhh this job is starting to take the piss.
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2008, 10:25 pm

january is always shite paul.you know this.youre old skool buddy!stop whinging.it is the way it is!!!!
Back to top Go down
dj dream

dj dream

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2008, 10:39 pm

and tell your mate to listen to his mom and "get a proper job".he dont sound hardcore enough to be in this business....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that......?   Why is it that......? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it that......?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Private Club :: V.I.P. Room-
Jump to: